Thursday, March 30, 2017

How Do You Cope

At the end of last year, we lost our father to cancer. He battled for five months but eventually lost. He was 66. Some days I am thankful that he had lived a full life before he died. There was no stone left unturned. He led a happy life. But some days it made me sad. He was only 66. The years ahead would still be happy ones should he still lives. 

And like a cliche', I realized how at times I had taken him for granted. I should have visited my parents more often, and treated them to nice dinners and vacation. But it's too late now to linger on the past and learn from this mistake instead.

Life is short. That much was made clear to me by his passing. When I went back to Manila on January, I had been a restless friend and mother. I made plans for all our weekends and this was how I discovered a new love. Hiking. I'd hiked to 2 mountains already and has no plan of stopping. I am enjoying a weekend on top of a mountain surrounded with great friends and laughter every month and I am loving it. 

My son and husband have been supportive and are making me happy too. I am so grateful for their love. A hug and a kiss make my day already but a good conversation even makes it more interesting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment